Saturday, September 18, 2010

Wheel Pals Jungle Journey by Playskool

This is a simple cause-effect rolling toy that has cute little jungle animals zooming down a curvy ramp. Although the toy is simple there are couple of interesting elements to it. The lift-and-go launchers helps the animals on their journey down the ramp and the bridge is actually collapsible, so the animals can fall through the opening if you want them to. Each set comes with two wheeled animals vehicles, but you can add more characters is you want to. Strengths: The animals are a great size for little hands and they roll easily down the ramp. It's simple to operate and gives children lots of options for where to hide and place the animals. Weaknesses: When I first found this toy I thought that it was really cute and would be lots of fun. So far I've had more fun with it that any of the children I've used it with. They are initially interested in how the trap on the bridge opens and closes, but that's where their interest seems to end. I don't know if it's just that the ramp is to short and it doesn't provide enough action for these kids, but overall I haven't seemed to get my money's worth from this toy. Most of the children I work with like carrying the animals around and driving them on other surfaces, but the ramp just isn't all that exciting for them. Price: $11-$16. Where to Buy: I have seen these play sets in stores like Target, Toys R Us, and WalMart.

No comments:

Post a Comment